The Performance Learning Center (PLC) is a small, non-traditional high school geared toward students who are not succeeding in a traditional high school setting. The PLC creates a business-like environment and emphasizes personal support and an intense academic program anchored by an online instructional program and project-based learning. The Performance Learning Center prepares students for high school and post-secondary education. Preparation for college and career are the standards of success for the PLC.
PLC components ensure students will:
- Meet set performance levels before advancing.
- Receive the community and personal assistance needed to help them attain the required performance.
- Receive one-on-one academic and technical support.
- Develop a set of employable skills essential to succeed in college or workplace.
Key program areas
- 21st century skills development
- Parent involvement
- Post-secondary awareness
- Connections to health & human services
- Formulate an individual development plan designed to help them to succeed in school and life
- Have an opportunity to catch up academically and move forward at an accelerated pace
- Benefit from dual enrollment at local colleges, internships and service learning
For more information, please contact:
Performance Learning Center®
5407 Grays Avenue
Philadelphia, PA 19143