Communities In Schools is a respected national voice for students. Over the years, through five presidential administrations, our position has been clear: Every child needs and deserves the resources that make the difference between a graduate and a dropout. It is everyone’s job to ensure every student’s success—which means schools, parents, businesses and the community as a whole must work together.
Our board of directors is an integral part of why Communities In Schools of Philadelphia has been so successful. This group of community leaders not only endorses the mission and vision of CIS, but also uses their experience and influence to open doors, garner support and offer guidance to create an even better organization for future generations.
Communities In Schools of Philadelphia Board of Directors
Joyce B. Harrison, Retired
Assistant Superintendent, Office of Senior High Schools, School District of Philadelphia
PRESIDENT & CEO
President & Chief Executive Officer, Communities In Schools of Philadelphia, Inc.
Joseph Devine, Esq., Spector Gadon & Rosen P.C.
Wanda Bailey Green
Director, Non Degree Education & External Affairs, Eastern University
Devon L. Starks
Senior Vice President, Citizens Bank
Sidney V. Smith, Jr.
Partner, Newmark Knight Frank Smith Mack
Rev. Dr. W. Wilson Goode, Sr.
Former Mayor, City of Philadelphia
Amachi Advisor, Public/Private Ventures
Kim B. Staudt, Retired
The Honorable Levan Gordon, Retired
Court of Common Pleas, First Judicial District of PA
Kelly A. Thornton
Cassandra Jones, Ed.D.
President & CEO, Next Step Associates, LLC
Glenn Ellis, Sr.
President, Strategies For Well Being, LLC
Rasheedah Phillips, Esq.
Staff Attorney, Community Legal Services
Kimberly J. Gholston
Vice President, Human Resources, Jefferson University Hospitals
Cyndi A. Bolden
Regional Staff Representative, Philadelphia Federation of Teachers
Communities In Schools of Pennsylvania Board of Directors
- Chairman of the Board: Damian Zamias, Chairman, Zamias Services
- Vice Chairman: John Malady, Managing Partner, Malady-Wooten
- Treasurer: Pat Macko, Belco Community Credit Union
- Secretary: Thomas Carey, Consultant
- Immediate Past Chairman: Reid Carpenter, Council of Leadership
- Ron Cowell, President, Education Policy Leadership Center
- Dave La Torre, Founder, La Torre Communications
- Frank Fischer, SVP Relationship Management, Members 1st Federal Credit Union
- Nicole Conway, EVP & General Counsel, Vartan Group, Inc.
- Matt Zieger, President & CEO, Team Pennsylvania Foundation
- Una Martone, President, Leadership Harrisburg
- David Kerr, Regional Vice President, External Affairs, AT&T Pennsylvania
- Kim Staudt, Retired, Pricewaterhouse Coopers LLP
- Marcy Park, Market manager, Pittsburgh South, Walmart, Inc.
- Nathan Mains, President & State Director, Communities In Schools of Pennsylvania